The Awareness

It's weird to admit this, but until recently, I had it in my mind that after this 4 year college gig, 20 something would come home and live here again.  It's weird to think that I was thinking that. Just one day it hit me that I was on the wrong track with my thinking.  Most people know that after college, people find their own places to live. I brought this topic up with 20 something this afternoon, as we walked around cool, quiet Ogle Lake.  She concurred that my new realization was closer to reality.  So that's good.

It's not that I have nostalgia for times past.  I've got my head on my shoulders there.  For a fleeting second, I thought about grabbing a pal's kids to go see the Matt Damon Movie about the zoo.  But then I remembered how little kids are pretty bad at watching movies and always want to leave at the good parts to go to the bathroom, or start asking when the movie's going to be over when you're only 20 minutes into it.

So there you have it.  New reality-based awareness.  Looking forward.  Keeping calm.

Comments

mm said…
That's a BIG deer!
KC said…
Good call on the movie thing. Kids have to be at least 6 to be delightful during movies, in my experience.

Maybe 20-something will come back for a little while, at least. Or maybe get her own place in your cool town??

Love you guys!
dw said…
I think it will be different - but an exciting, new chapter for everyone!
jdoc said…
This reality-based awareness is overrated.
LH said…
MM, He was in my backyard all day yesterday! He freaked us out a lititle, ttytt!

As for our future....
I wonder what it will be like tho?
Anonymous said…
Maybe she will live on Mitchell street.
Jw
LH said…
BRILLIANT IDEA!

Popular Posts