Friday, December 09, 2011

The Coaches

Come to find out, I was required to drive up to Indianapolis to attend a meeting for coaches who work at really high poverty super low performing schools.  I was not really looking forward to this, ttytt.  A chiding by the state?  No thanks, I'll pass, Ricky.  This is the kind of thought I was pondering as I drove into the sunrise, drinking coffee and listening to an audio CD about living a more enlightened life.  The morning session was not great, but lo and behold the afternoon was awesome.  I heard 2 coaches speak and they were smart, lively, hard working and innovative. I learned a thing or two from these coaches.  Kind of wished the state had required I drive up to hear these peeps 2 years ago when I started coaching, but I'm trying to live my life with fewer regrets, so I'm simply looking forward to trying a few new approaches to coaching next semester.  Why not?

On the way home, I heard Nat King Cole singing his Christmas song.  I was surprised to learn it was written by Mel Torme.  Mel must have made a bundle on that little # because it's supposedly the #1 Christmas song of all time.  The song's about 65 years old this year.  Hats off to Nat King Cole and Mel Torme.  Job well done, sirs!!!

5 comments:

mm said...

I love the tree ornament image.

Anonymous said...

Hey, didn't I give that lil fairy to ms. Ros? Jw

Indiana Rock on a California Roll said...

That's my favorite fairy! It is from jw. He's so spunky!

Anonymous said...

Fewer regrets sounds good and looking forward to new strategies sounds like our Lee-Lee!!! YOU are awesome, possum! We love you and can't wait to see the fam! B&B P.S.--glad you found the phone

LH said...

Love this ornament. I love how his hands are in his pocket.

Band B. LOVE YOU and am dying to see you both!!!!