The Glove

Poor kiddo lost her glove today.  I wanted to get her gloves out of the social worker's office, but I couldn't find any.  Lots of underpanties and socks, but no gloves.  What the hey? This firstie-girl feared her mom may have mixed feelings about the missing glove. We searched, but in the end, there was nothing to do, but send her out in the cold with her little hand stuck into her coat pocket. Later a little kinder had spilled spaghetti sauce all over his nice white polo.  His teacher asked me to help him get a new shirt at the social worker's office and that I ask someone to launder the polo.  I didn't even know we had laundry services.  The dryer's broken today come to find out, so the kid was stuck with a black tshirt, that he desired to wear with his polo collar smartly displayed outside of the tshirt collar.  Do you get the look I'm going for with this description?  Anyway, I wish I had the magic power of replacing lost or soiled garments, in a small amount of time.  That would be pretty neat.  And even useful.

Comments

I wore a black t-shirt kinda dress with a white collar today. I don't feel like it fits very well, but I probably looked a little like that kid.
LH said…
You probably did. He was pretty sad that I could not launder his shirt. Please know that I'll launder all your shirts when you come home. I'll even use SHOUT on any pesky stains. 13 days?
mm said…
We had a mom who sent her child to school yesterday even though he told her he didn't feel well. She made him eat breakfast and sent him to school. Later he regurgitated his breakfast all over the hall. His mom was irritated when she had to come get him. The point of this? I hope the girl's mom isn't upset about the missing glove.
Julie Anna said…
Do you need backup gloves for your social worker's office? I'd be happy to get some emergency pairs for kiddos in this situation. A & S lost so many gloves that I started buying those brown gloves from the hardware store that come in six packs.
jdoc said…
I used to donate clothes to our school nurse a few times back in the day. She kept a supply for kids who needed them. It was pretty funny every time a 7th grade girl was wearing something of mine. A dress. A pair of shoes. I would smile to myself but never reveal where they had come from.
LH said…
There were gloves there, I just didn't know where they were! THX, J!!!

I gave a kiddo a sweatshirt from Q once and he wore it for YEARS! Really loved seeing him in it. The kid didn't grow very fast!
LH said…
BIG NEWS, I FOUND THE LITTLE'S LOST GLOVE TODAY, SITTING ON A COUNTER IN A DIFFERENT CLASSROOM, NOT EVEN ON THE SAME GRADE LEVEL. I BROUGHT IT BACK TO LITTLE GLOVELESS AND SHE WAS SO HAPPY. SHE SAID THE OTHER GLOVE WAS NOW AT HER AUNT'S HOUSE, BUT THAT SHE COULD GET IT BACK. SHE SAID, "I'VE BEEN CRYING EVERY DAY FOR THIS GLOVE." SO OBVIOUSLY, I DID SOMETHING PRETTY IMPORTANT BY FINDING THAT PURPLE FLORAL LOST GLOVE.

Popular Posts