The Blog




I've been driving up to Indianapolis for a conference every day this week.  It's not the greatest conference, but it's not the worst conference either.  At one session we got to "backchannel" which is basically just twittering with the other peeps in the room during the lecture.  It was fun, but I wish the speakers had interacted with our comments a bit.  Seemed like parallel play.  I checked my emails/blog/twitter/facebook during the talk and found out that WordSavvy met a blog reader who is neither friend nor kin.  An actual, detached reader, out in the world.  Reading about this reader made me want to pimp my blog during the backchannel so badly.  I kept thinking about how I could work it into our chat about educational shifts toward 21st century skills. In the end, I showed restraint and did not pimp this blog.  That was tough stuff, but I decided to stay focused on the talk, the backchannel, and my twitter feed and just enjoy the moment.

Comments

LH said…
I just want to remind peeps that #1 son provided the text for this Voki. But as you can see, blog readership has been a theme in this house for awhile now.
Anonymous said…
I think the Gingerbread man would be a good match with some raw milk.

jjb
LH said…
JJB, Yes! I think we should get some raw milk and some vegan cookies for our next faculty meeting.

GO RAW MILK MOVEMENT. I wonder if the raw milk movement has a twitter.
dw said…
nice restraint!
Anonymous said…
Speaking of raw milk: When I was a kid we spent summers on my aunt's farm. When my uncle milked the cows, he would squirt some into our mouths.
I was shocked the first time - didn't expect it to be warm. I guess I thought the cow's belly was refrigerated.

D/
kc said…
Gingie made me laugh.

How can we always get more comments? I too want comments!!

Popular Posts