The Stuff

Stuff was happening all over the place today.

Probably best thing that happened was getting a new book in the mail from Good Pal Menosky.  She read on my twitter about my new pin that shows the title of the new book ONE LOVE, (remember it's adapted from the Bob Marley song) and SHE SENT ME THE ACTUAL BOOK.  I sang it with my home visitors this very evening.  I am so jazzed to think of GPM, far away in Michigan, reading my tweets in the first place.  Then to get a book out of the whole thing was an awesome bonus.  I want to work on #bookaday over the winter break, so I'm stacking up the picture boks a mile high.  Thanks, GPM.  SO MUCH!  The book's beautiful.

Another good thing that happened was that we got some home visitors. Sister In Law and Brother in Law to be exact.  And we went to an IU basketball game.  It was a great game.  Big lead for IU.  One problem was that I didn't know the name of the team we were playing.  So all through the game, the announcer kept saying, "Foul for Gardner Webb" and "3 pointer for Gardner Webb."  So about halfway through the second half, I said to Sister IL, "This Gardner Webb does it all.  You can't stop this kid. But it seems like he would be fouled out by now."  That's when she told me that Gardner Webb was the name of the team, not an actual person on the team. So that was a little embarrassing.

Another thing that happened is I got another horrid visual migraine from 2:25 to 3:05.  Really messed up my work.

And now back to the great things that happened. I got to spend time giving a reading inventory to a little girl who kept stopping the inventory to teach me songs and tell me stories.  At one point we were reading about sisters and she said, "My little sister is really nasty.  She eats grease off the comb!"
No one's ever said that to me before, and right away I recognized it as something I probably would never forget in my entire life.

So that was a day for the record books.

Comments

Aw man kids are always doing gross things and talking about it. Love your new background.
mm said…
I love the Gardner Webb story. Although I follow college athletics, I've never heard of them... funny stuff.

I also love that the girl was telling you stories. After the convention we plan on adding more story telling to our practices... let their voice be heard (even if it's a bit gross).
kc said…
I shudder when I read about the migraines. I had one the other week that hung out behind my eyeball waiting to pounce back for a week or so. YUCK.

The kids at FV are just the cutest and most adorable, even when they're nasty.

I too love the background.
jdoc said…
What a pleasure to read about this day. So much to tell about!

Sam would eat grease off a comb if we let him. That kid eats everything.
Anonymous said…
Yeah for break! Ros, family, friends, food and turkey crafts! Even a big-town light ceremony! And we mustn't forget movies. Have a ball! I can't wait to hear all about EVERYTHING! Maybe I will see you at the lighting. If not, then at the lit cohort. Partay!
N
LH said…
The vacation begins. I'm delighted. I hope more stuff happens to me so I can blog about it.

Popular Posts