The Trip

I'm obsessed with a Chicago song right now.  "Hold me now.  It's hard for me to say I'm sorry.  I just want you to stay!"  I was never a huge Chicago fan, but somehow, in hindsight, the songs sound kind of good and weird.
It very well might be because I'm going to Chicago on WEDNESDAY !!!!  V. excited about NCTE.  I've spoken at NCTE for the last 10 years in a row.  This year I'm not presenting and I thought I would feel anxiety about that, but I really do not.  Not speaking at NCTE has really helped me with my goal to stay calm to Christmas. That initiative is going v. well by the way.  I'm having fun and getting it done.  And Chicago is 4 days away.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Why am I not going to ncte in Chicago??? jealous! You will have such a fun time! I do really think it is just the thing for the CTCI! Already looking forward to the stories.
N
mm said…
I'll be in Chicago for NCTE too. I haven't been since it was in Atlanta... too sad.

The sidebar doesn't appear with updated Blogger, but I can't help but think they're working on it. We're moving over our school site although we've only finished 2008 and 2009.

old: http://vvmsmedia.edublogs.org/
new: http://vvmsbookblog.blogspot.com/view/mosaic
Anonymous said…
It looks as though NCTE in Chicago will be one of the best in a long time. Enjoy!

D/
jdoc said…
Now I am really bummed. I was bummed before about not attending NCTE this year, but when I think about not seeing you, I'm really bummed.

Have so much fun!
Anonymous said…
I saw MoneyBall last night and enjoyed it!
I think it's awesome that you are not presenting at NCTE. It will be a great experience3. for you.
jw
@jdoc at least you have a cute baby, though. that baby is so cute!

but, i get it because i, too, would like to go to a conference in chicago.
LH said…
Yeah, jdoc, I was kind of hoping you and Sam would be ncte-ing. But let's just aim for next year. Where is it next year???

Yay, MM! Maybe I'll see you!

JW, It feels very nice not worrying about a talk this year. Really nice. Moneyball is so good! When do we leave? I can drive it turns out.... so if you want to be a passenger, I'm ready to be #1 driver!

D, I'm so jazzed about this conference. I'm going to love every minute of it.

Indiana Rock, Do you have conferences to attend as part of your classes ever???

Popular Posts