The Dads

Last week a dad came in to talk about his kiddo and for some reason I thought he was another kid's dad, so we talked for about 30 minutes, and each of us thought we were talking about a different human female child. Then yesterday the dad returned to tell me that he had figured out that I didn't know which dad he was and to straighten me out. I was very embarrassed and kept saying lame stuff like, "I thought it was weird you kept calling her by a name that wasn't hers" and "Yeah, all that stuff I said about her really isn't true." These things happen and I have to move on. He told me that he wasn't coming in to make me feel bad, just to be helpful, and I expressed my gratitude a ton of times. But I'm still kind of freaked out about the whole thing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you actually know the names of the kids? whoa! git out!
Bob
LH said…
hey mr. bob.
i know their names pretty well, but the one to one matching with the parents I'm still working on.
i spent some time looking at all your mt. whitney fotos yesterday. awesome.
Anonymous said…
this happened to my mom at conferences once. my english teacher told her that i was, "depressed, despondant, and rarely if ever raised my hand in class."

my mom pulled out my school photo, and the teacher realized that was some other girl. my mom was most relieved.
LH said…
kc, good move on your mom's part having a foto and realizing what was going on. there are about 10 reasons why my miscommunication happened, which the dad and I reviewed together the following week. (he was partially to blame).

Popular Posts