The Lid


Right eyelid's been twitching for a few weeks. For the past two days almost constantly. I got a few spare moments today so I figured I should go ahead and google the condition. Come to find out lots of people have the twitching lid. Irksome because whenever I think I'm unique, google sets me straight with a smug and lengthy list of links. The lid twitch could be caused by fatigue, stress and caffeine overuse, three essentials of the dissertation distraction lifestyle. You don't want to know the possible alternative causes. I certainly didn't, so I opted for the fatigue and stress route, clicked off, and spent my afternoon couchside, reading the new Rolling Stone.
What an annoying problem. How much sympathy can lid twitching really drum up? A question that certainly merits investigation at dinner with pals tonight. Posted by Picasa

Comments

LH said…
I know it's crazy. But it's also annoying. I feel guilty that i'm drinking a latte right now, but i have to do it.
Anonymous said…
I know that I'm reading this way too late for you to catch my comment, but my lid has been twitching as well! Last week. Two days of assuming that the world could see the quaking of my lid. I solved that problem by asking everyone if they could see it. They said no.
LH said…
i see it if i look in the mirror, but i don't think it's detectable by others. but it's not pleasant. is it your right lid? that's the more common twitcher.

Popular Posts