The Senator


Last week I wrote to Senator Bayh to express my incredulity that Congress would consider repealing the estate tax for the Richie Riches of the world when the misery of poverty is screaming right into our faces every time we turn on our media. I write to Bayh pretty frequently. I don't spend a ton of time composing the letters so I always hit the send button with a cringe knowing that I sound not too brilliant, but I figure a badly worded letter is better than none at all. Bayh responds quickly and politely but I never can quite pick apart where he is on an issue. His estate tax email contained comments about keeping taxes down while being concerned about our national debt. Well, are you voting to repeal the estate tax or not, Evan? That's all I ever wanted to know. Frist decided it wasn't the right time to vote on the estate tax so the vote's been delayed. So I may try to pin Evan down on this matter. I wonder if that's possible. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice links, mah dear. Let me know how that goes with Bayh.

Are you hinting that you'd like a book about Cob Cottages for your upcoming birthday?
judy
Anne said…
You have to wonder whether you can pin down a Senator? Would he have gotten to be a Senator if he could be pinned down?

Speaking of political pinning. . . I thought you might be interested in these political comments about Katrina. They are listed under political humor, but they are oh so very not funny.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/currentevents/a/katrinaquotes.htm

Try not to read them when you are anywhere near the boiling over point, as you may find yourself sending out many more hasty e-mails to politicians. :)

Anne
LH said…
that senator needs to shape up. Cob Cottages...don't know how i got onto that link. there was a reason...all day i keep saying to the kiddos, what was i talking about? i wonder if i have a brain tumor.

thanks for the link ms. anne. you're probably right that pinning is not the protocol for politicians. i feel like i'm living in the twilight zone these days. maybe the tumor is part of that.
Undomestic said…
I really shouldn't, but it made me laugh when you said, "Maybe I have a brain tumor." Sorry for my insincerity.
Julie Anna said…
I joked for years about having a brain tumor. I would tell all my friends, frequently, "Don't mind me, it's just the brain tumor." Then I found out I had one. I just couldn't help but laugh. My friends just couldn't help but laugh when I told them because it was simply too funny that I actually DID have a brain tumor after all my whining about having a brain tumor. Miraculously, my brain tumor went away after I got divorced--sort of like, lose one spineless, formless mass of cells, lose them all. So you see, it can be a rather humorous topic under the right circumstances.
LH said…
I always worry about tumors, but I wonder if I would be laughing if I really had one??? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Popular Posts