The Homework


Homework is a wee bit of a drag. I had to call a parent this week to rat a kid out about not doing homework. I rarely call parents, but this was about the 10th time and I figured it had to be done. Parent was appreciative so that's good. At home, homework kept Teen Daughter from watching Jodie Foster in Flight Plan with us on Sunday night. And tonight I may miss the Dylan documentary part two because I have school work to do. Or I could skip the work and just have more to do tomorrow night. It's not going anywhere. No one's going to call my mom, so what the heck?

Comments

Anonymous said…
i am so far behind in my homework that i'm not sure i'll ever catch up.

feeling overwhelmed.

glad the parent had a favorable response to the homework call.
Anonymous said…
I know your mom's phone number.
jw
Anonymous said…
I not only know your mom's phone number I know where she lives and will be stopping by this Saturday to take parental unit Dad shopping for his upcoming trip. I wont mention the homework thingie anymore than I would mention the possibility that one may miss the Dylan documentary to our brother Danny. In fact I will erase it from my own mind. Noone ever went to their final day saying, "wow if I just had one more hour to do homework". I have known several people who will say, "wow I missed the Dylan doc". Mums the word to Mom!!!
LH said…
because MOM reads the blog, she's already emailed me to point out the importance of homework.
I found that kind of wonderful.
you can't get away from these parental people.

Popular Posts