Five

Tr:  Khamesh

This is a day for packing and getting organized.  And so it is on this day that I find myself thinking quite a bit about the Dionne Quintuplets.  I did not know about these gals until this very week.  They were born in 1934 in Canada and soon after their birth, the government took them away from their parents and put them in a nursery where millions of people paid to watch them playing in their garden each day.  Their nursery was eventually nicknamed Quint Land and it was quite the tourist attraction.  When they were 10, they went back with their parents and other siblings.  Their parents were not the best parents and the Dionne 5 were not treated kindly.  They left home when they turned 18. 

The sisters had miserable childhoods.  Two sisters are still alive today. Did you know about the Dionne sisters? This story is truly bad news bears.  I've learned to tamp down my ridiculous fascination with multiples now.  It leads to no good at all. 

Comments

KC said…
I had no idea about this. I'll probably read obsessively about it later.
mm said…
A little research for you move to Canada?
Anonymous said…
OMG!!!!
jw
lee said…
I keep talking to people about this family. Can't seem to get them out of my mind.

Popular Posts