Magic Words

Tr:  Milot Hakesamim

Time for Thursday Creativity Share.  Gather round, peeps.

Today's POEM IN YOUR POCKET DAY!!!!!  It's one of my favorite days of all.  If you don't have a poem you can pick one up in a pocket right over here.  Don't delay, get your poem today.  My Poem is The Peace of Wild Things by Wendell Berry.  Good friend Cynthia sent it to me once when I was in a bad mood, and it cheered me considerably.

Here's more creativity that I found this morning that I quite like. Erin Nations has a zine about triplets which gets a solid 5 on the fist of 5.  Here's a sample that you will enjoy.  I spent a ton of time looking through her other cool work on her website Novelty Knees.  Her fictional personal ads are top notch.

Last but not least (by any means) is the new Matisse Cut Outs exhibit in London.  Don't you think we should head over to London this summer to see this?  We owe it to Matisse who has given us so much. Matisse, we honor you.  We really do. And we will try to make it to London if we can.

Thursday Creativity Share.  Pocket Poems, Zany Zine, Matisse Masterworks.  Another victory.




Comments

cb said…
That's a lot of creativity! Thanks for all of it. London sounds very good. Let's all just skip over there this summer.

I'm glad you liked the Wendell Berry poem. I think I will carry this one by Adrienne Rich around with me today:

Focus
by Adrienne Rich

Obscurity has its tale to tell.
Like the figure on the studio-bed in the corner,

out of range, smoking, watching and waiting.
Sun pours through the skylight onto the worktable

making a jar of pencils, a typewriter keyboard
more than they were. Verdical light . . .

Earth budges. Now an empty coffee-cup,
a whetsone, a handkerchief, take on

their sacramental clarity, fixed by the wand
of light as the thinker thinks to fix them in the mind.

O secret in the core of the whetsonte, in the five
pencils splayed out like fingers of a hand!

The mind’s passion is all for singling out.
Obscurity has another tale to tell.
LH said…
We love this poem.
mm said…
My poem today was The Trouble with Poetry by Billy Collins. Maybe I blog about it tonight.
KC said…
I taught triplets! Two were identical, one was not. It was fascinating. I'm still friends with these gals on facebook. I'm not sure how their parents survived them.
LH said…
MM, I just read your poem. It's a great one. I love the bit about stealing from Ferlinghetti.

KC, I love that zine. The parent teacher conference comic is hilarious don't you think????
Anonymous said…
This is a whole lot of creativity for which I'm grateful!!! Thank you!!

I shared sijo poems by LS Park with the second grade students. They loved them!!!
jw
lee said…
I've been reading some SIJO this morning. V. awesome.

Popular Posts