Saturday

Tr:  Shabbat

Thursday we bopped around Acco with hometown homey One Woman and her pal D.  We had a great time in the ancient city of Acco, visiting the fortress and the modern art museum, having lunch on the beach, wine and chat in our apartment, dinner at kind of a hippie restaurant in Haifa. As we walked along Louis Promenade taking pictures of Haifa port, Julie said, "I'm jealous of your life here."  I replied, "I also am jealous of my life here."  What I'm getting at is that this magical life is going away really soon and I've found I quite enjoy living with a total lack of responsibility.  I'm really taking nonchalance to whole new levels during these final few weeks in beautiful Host Country.


Yesterday we went to the Rothschild Gardens with our good friend G.  The gardens are incredibly beautiful.  Then we hiked to some extremely cool ruins that were a couple of thousand years old.  Then we hiked down hill for a couple of hours.  Beautiful views all the way down and some huge bovines on the path as well.  We were smart about leaving one car at the end of the hike and one at the beginning.  Come to find out though, we couldn't find our car when we got to where we thought we had left it.  We searched for about 30 minutes and G was getting stressed.  He didn't realize that Husbandman and I have looked for lost cars for nearly 2 hours before, in the middle of the snowy night in subfreezing temps.  In order to save the day, I split off and started running around the streets looking for our green car.  While looking for the car I found a wallet on a bus bench.  I really did not want to find this lost wallet at this point because I figured I had my own problems, but I picked it up and kept on with the hunt.  Then I found the car, which was a moment of glory.  Once settled into the air conditioning I did some sleuthing about the wallet owner.  I found her on Facebook after careful photographic scrutiny.  I wrote to her but got no reply.  I don't like leaving this mystery unsolved.  There could be trouble afoot. We may never know.

Comments

mm said…
I am jealous of the green vegetation and the adventures, even a lost car.
Unknown said…
It sounds like a lovely day for sure. I am so envious!!
jw
Unknown said…
Did you find the owner of the wallet?
jw
lee said…
We didn't find the owner. She never wrote to me on FB. Every day I think about her though. The mystery remains unsolved. We gave the wallet to our pal, so it's out of our hands.

Organization Tuesday. Gotta get my act together.
KC said…
Way to use social media to find the owner of the wallet. you did everything you could.

Popular Posts