The Desert

Ha Me'edbar (I think).

St. George's Monastery
Have returned from 2 days in the desert with K and J.  I've always kind of liked the desert in theory, but a year in Host Country has turned me into Desert's Official # 1 Super Fan.
We drove around to amazing views, hiked to pools, stayed at the most wonderful inn, hiked out into the desert to watch the sunset and saw 6 amazing birds which I will now list thusly:  European Roller, Flamingo, Black Winged Stilt, Egyptian Vulture, Jordan Sparrow, Tristram's Starling.  In short, our final trip of the year was a resounding success, thanks to our friends' all round awesomeness.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Hah! I love the pic of the gerbil. Quite the surprise. I'm so glad you had a great trip with your friends. It sounds fantastic.
jw
KC said…
Sounds wonderful! This year has been so fabulous!

Popular Posts