I need to straighten up the place.

Tr:  Ani tsrikha lesader et ha'makom

We went to many places on our sof shavua (weekend) and Capernaum is indeed one of them.
Jesus grew up in Nazareth, but when he was grown, he moved out of the house over to Capernaum.  He lived with some of his pals, Peter and Simon.

Incredible ruins in Capernaum.
I'm trying to start a program where anyone who lives in Israel for one year gets to bring home a ruin of their choice.  

Husbandman kicking it old school in Capernaum.

Husbandman pointed to this feline and said, "There's the ever famous cat of Capernaum."  I was lucky to get this photo.

When we get home from various outings, there is often a plate of cakes of some kind waiting for us in our kitchen.  I'm hoping someone can keep this going for us when we return home this summer.  It's a great tradition. Toda Raba, Edna!

Comments

Unknown said…
You got to the see cat?! That is awesome. Um…the snack thing is not going to continue in ole brown so don't get too used to it. And which ruin would you bring home?
It's crazy wild that you are seeing these towns that I've heard about most of my life.
jw
mm said…
I love the ruins.
When I returned home today, I only had laundry to do... no plate of goodies.
Anonymous said…
Yup. Heard about Nazareth again in church yesterday.
jw
Unknown said…
I have decided to visit Israel.
cb said…
Cake waiting for you? In your kitchen? That is just the best.

Thank you for another great post about your travels. I'm learning a lot.

xoxo
cb

Popular Posts