Excuse me, can you move the gun please?

Tr:  Slikha, ata yakhol lehaziz et harove, bevakasha?


In Jerusalem today, walking around the Old City and eating some fine meals.  Our wonderful niece joined us for dinner.  Do you remember that song Sister Christian?  It's been in my head all day, so I just introduced 20 Something to it via the power of video.  She agrees that it's a power ballad for the ages. She didn't actually say that, but I'm pretty sure she agrees. If you haven't heard this power ballad for awhile, check it out here.  When I played it for the fourth time tonight, Husbandman said, rather unhelpfully I thought, "Geez, why do you keep doing this?" I keep thinking that if he hears it one more time, he'll really start getting into it.   I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Mary M. said…
My brother used to play it on the piano (often after a night of drinking)...
Anonymous said…
I wonder why it popped into your head? I wonder why you put that phrase on your blog post?
jw
KC said…
I am playing the song for Shef and recording his responses:

"This is awful."

"It's awful."

"It's terrible."

"Atrocious."

"It's awful. There's no rap."

And shaking his head.

I like it though.
LH said…
MM, I wish I could play it on piano.
JW, I'm not sure how it popped in. It's still there this morning. As for the Hebrew phrase, I found it in a phrase book. The author wrote that you can use it if you're on a bus with some military personnel and their guns are in the aisle?

KC, I'm thinking you should play the song again for Shef a few more times. It's a power ballad and it will gain power with replayings.
Anonymous said…
OH MY GOSH!
jw
LH said…
Jerusalem was awesome today. Israel museum, lunch at favorite resto----machneyehuda. Delicious. Met laur-laur favored niece at the rechava. Sat out and had some wine. Jerusalem, we thank you heartily.
lee said…
Another great day in Jerusalem yesterday. Israel Museum, Machneyehuda Restaurant, visiting with our sababa niece.

Today we'll venture to another museum and then head south.

Anonymous said…
Wow! It all sounds so great.
jw
Julie Anna said…
Wow. I'm in awe. I'm catching up on the blog so that I seem less like a friend who doesn't care and more like a friend who has been working too damned hard but tries to catch up when I can. Oy. I'm excited to come there. Funny story about My Kid is Traveling Syndrome: my mother always worries when I travel, still. Mexico: OMG, there are drug lords there! Spain: The trains are running off the tracks there! etc. So I was sort of dreading telling her I was going to Israel. But she is more excited for me than concerned because it is "where Jesus has walked". I wish Jesus had roamed the earth so she could worry less no matter where I go. Anyhoo, will message you in another forum to discuss visit deets! Have fun with Roz!!!

Popular Posts