Ani Roa Ha Bat Shelanu

Tr:  I see our daughter.

Time for Thursday Creativity Share.  

Jasper Johns got started on his latest exhibit when he came across the above photograph of Lucien Freud (Sigmund's grandson, artist).  The photo has an interesting history that you probably already know about if you read this article like I did.  This photo inspired a series of paintings. I think there are 12 in all.  The show is called Jasper Johns, Regrets.   I like this Jasper Johns quote:

Take an object. Do something to it. Do something else to it. Do something else to it. 

Maybe I'll go to New York and see Regrets this summer.  I'll meet Jasper Johns there and I can have some coffee with him.  I made this sketch to honor Jasper Johns and his new show at MOMA.  If he wants to use it to promote the show, it's my pleasure to share it with him.  I'll share it with anyone, to tell you the honest truth.  

I finished Americanah last night, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.  The first half was a bit slow going for me, but once I got to about page 60%, I could not put it down.  Around page 60%, the narrator begins blogging.  Her blog is fascinating, her life in America is fascinating, her return to Lagos is fascinating and I felt a connection with her because I too blog for a living. 

Last night when I couldn't sleep because of dreaded My-Kid-Is-Traveling-Anxiety-Syndrome (MKITAS), I listened to these beautiful stories at the Moth Radio Hour.  Australian people tell these stories and all 3 are excellent.  Listen if you feel like it. Maybe you can listen while you're washing up your dishes or doodling in your sketchbook or taking a pleasant walk around your neighborhood. 

It's time to drive to Tel Aviv and pick up 20 Something from the Airport.  Thursday Creativity Share is a wrap.  Hoorah


Comments

mm said…
I haven't listened to Moth Radio for awhile. Maybe I should listen to some podcasts.
Anonymous said…
Yes Yes Yes!!! I heard a little wonderful blurb about the Kronos Quarter on nor this morning.

jw
KC said…
What a fantastic tribute to Jasper Johns! And welcome R!!!! I'm so excited for her trip.
LH said…
MM, I think you should. There have been some awesome Moths of late.

JW, I'm going to search for the KQ piece. Awesome, Possum.

Thanks, KC. I worked hard on the Jasper tribute. I would like to see it enlarged on a billboard somewhere.

R is here. We're pleased as punch.

Popular Posts