Pages

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Beit Alamin

Tr:  Cemetery
If you want to read The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, you totally should.  I finished it last night and loved it.  Brought back memories of traveling somewhere and reading Neil's other great book, Coraline, aloud to the fam.  I wonder if 20 Something and #1 remember that?  Husbandman does.  In Neil's acknowledgments, he thanks a ton of peeps, including his 4 editors who he says helped make the book better.  Something like that.  I don't feel like looking for the quote.  This gives me a little charge for working harder on an article I'm trying to write about the relationship between writers and editors. But of course, blogging comes first.

6 comments:

mm said...

OMG... What's that in the picture????

LH said...

Not sure why there would be a dead grasshopper at the beach, but that's what it is.

Anonymous said...

That's one of my fav parts of the books to read. Usually I recognize an author who has helped with the writing.
jw

LH said...

I like how Neil wrote in many people's homes.

KC said...

Gross pic.

LH said...

Maybe Shef or Mac will find it interesting? You don't get to see a grasshopper in such fine detail very often.