Beit Alamin

Tr:  Cemetery
If you want to read The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, you totally should.  I finished it last night and loved it.  Brought back memories of traveling somewhere and reading Neil's other great book, Coraline, aloud to the fam.  I wonder if 20 Something and #1 remember that?  Husbandman does.  In Neil's acknowledgments, he thanks a ton of peeps, including his 4 editors who he says helped make the book better.  Something like that.  I don't feel like looking for the quote.  This gives me a little charge for working harder on an article I'm trying to write about the relationship between writers and editors. But of course, blogging comes first.

Comments

mm said…
OMG... What's that in the picture????
LH said…
Not sure why there would be a dead grasshopper at the beach, but that's what it is.
Anonymous said…
That's one of my fav parts of the books to read. Usually I recognize an author who has helped with the writing.
jw
LH said…
I like how Neil wrote in many people's homes.
KC said…
Gross pic.
LH said…
Maybe Shef or Mac will find it interesting? You don't get to see a grasshopper in such fine detail very often.

Popular Posts