The Review

Okay, Huddle up.  Time for the interesting blog feature about watching an independent film with Husbandman.  This time we're talking about a film called Lore.
L:  So, can you give us a quick recap of the film?
HM: Okay.  The children of Nazi parents are forced to flee across the Black Forest at the end of WWII because their parents are arrested by the Allied Forces.  They follow a harrowing journey towards their grandparent's home and during the course of this, the eldest daughter comes to question the moral standing of her parents and the Nazi movement.
L: My friend, that's a very good recap.
HM:  That's all you have to say?  Very good recap?
L:  Wait I'm going to say something else now.  I was a little freaked out to be feeling sorry for the Nazi kids.  I didn't want to feel sorry for them, but then they are just children, so I guess we're supposed to feel that they're innocent, but Lore, the oldest daughter, had some complicity maybe?
H: Yeah, I would say she was old enough to perhaps know better. But it was an interesting way to complicate matters by seeing the story through the eyes of young, at least somewhat innocent, children of Nazis.
L:  I found it pretty sad and frightening.
HM:  Yeah.
L:  Okay, I guess that's it.
HM:  That's it?
L:  Something else?
HM:  I was not entirely convinced that Lore would undergo a change of heart. This revulsion toward her parents seemed a bit abrupt, but I did like the movie overall.
L:  Fist of 5?
HM: I'm going to give it 3.5
L:  I guess I'll give it a 4. It's riveting.
HM:  Well paced.
L:  Spoiler alert.  I wish the brother didn't have to die.
HM:  I didn't really care.
L:  Okay, if people want to see it they should. There's no harm done either way.

Comments

Unknown said…
The spoiler seems pretty significant, but to be honest, I probably wouldn't have seen the movie anyway.

Miss you!! Can't believe I get to see you in a couple of weeks.
Anonymous said…
Well done people!!!
jw

Popular Posts