The Talk

KC and I are meeting up in Texas next week for IRA.  Yay.  Hooray.  We're rolling out our podcast talk, the one we gave at NCTE to about 3 people.  Today I will venture into sacred space, Husbandman's office, to think about the talk.  Should have done this already, but there you go.

Yesterday was bedlam at Artful School.  Even though I vowed to be a bright light, I cried at a meeting in front of someone I don't know.  That's just annoying.  I brought a bunny puppet to the lunchroom and invited the kids to think of names for it.  That was one of the most ridiculous things I could have done.  For 90 minutes, kids screamed bunny names at me.  Honey Bunny, Soft Bunny, Hopper, Hoppy, Trisha, Bob, George Washington, FuzzBallTail.  You get the drill.  Again, annoying, but no one to blame but myself.    All afternoon I worked on an annoying powerpoint for an idiotic project that's going to take me out of school for 2 days this week.  At one point during this annoying day I ventured into a classroom and sat with some kids reading about bridges.  Another kid came over to show me a horrid injury and to talk about the hospital stay. As we talked about the different kinds of bridges and healing wounds, I felt another kiddo draped over my back.  As she hugged me from behind, she whispered, "I miss you.  Where've you been?"  Right.  Where the heck have I been?  This is the time of year when I think about going back to the classroom and being with the littles again.  Luckily for me, I don't have to make a decision right now about this.  I'm heading to Israel first week of August.  Still, it's hard not to project into the 2014 school year.  Probably the best plan is to stay in the present.

And go work on the IRA talk.  Kace, let's do this.

Comments

mm said…
Good luck on the talk. More importantly, good luck spending more time in the classroom.
Anonymous said…
you and kc will rock!!! and have a great time.
jw
jdoc said…
I was at the first iteration of this talk. Loved it! Wish I could be there again.
Unknown said…
I've become nervous about the talk, but I will get over myself soon.
Sarah Gardner said…
I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, even though it's only been a week. Don't know how I'm going to handle it when you're all the way in Israel for a whole year! Anyway, will see you tomorrow. Hope your two days of Leadership stuff was not too terrible.
LH said…
Sarah. The two days weren't the greatest.
I can't believe I'm going to be gone for a year.
Can't wait to see you tomorrow. I have screwed up and did not get the writing and math data organized. So... that's my bad.

Popular Posts