The Review

Husbandman and I saw another independent film, The Night Across the Street, just this past yesterday night.  The movie is surrealist and Chilean and a bit on the long side.  I think surrealism is v. cool when you're looking at a piece of art, but not that cool when you're watching a 2 hour movie.

Here's our review:

LH:  Did you have a favorite part?
HM:  I liked it when the little boy was answering all the quiz questions.
LH:  Do you think the guy killed himself or was murdered?
HM:  Definitely killed himself.
LH:  Why do you think Beethoven was in it?
HM:  Because he was the #1 inspiration of the main character.
LH:  Fist of 5?
HM:  2.
LH:  I'm giving it a 1.5.  I didn't really care for it.
HM:  No, you did not.
LH:  But if people want to see it, they probably should.  But having a bottle of wine while viewing really will help.

Comments

KC said…
You guys really didn't like this one. I appreciate the candor.
Anonymous said…
two hours long?!!!
jw
LH said…
Yes. 2 hours. One random event after another. There were some funny parts, but after awhile, surrealism gets a bit tedious.

Popular Posts