The Artist

Ai Weiwei is a Chinese artist who you may want to know about.  This guy has done a ton of cool art.  He's also fought against oppression in China and elsewhere in many significant ways, with many provocative projects.  He's no slacker.  He's no buttcracker.  He's a man with a restrospective show up in Indy right now. All of the pieces were interesting, but his work with the Citizen Investigation team to uncover facts and names about the 90,000 people who died in the 2008 earthquake is fascinating. We loved his whole gig. And we admire his audacious life.

Comments

LH said…
One thing I'm a little sad about. There's a big Matisse exhibit coming to the IMA when I leave for Israel. As you know, I love Matisse.
LH said…
Today's been kind of a crab day. Luckily, I got to talk to my mom for a little bit. She always sets me right.
mm said…
This picture creeps me out a bit... sorry.
LH said…
MM, I LOVE IT SO!!!! Give it another chance!
KC said…
I'm jealous of all of your exposure to art. Good work learning all that.

Popular Posts