Fall 2012 #4: The Coffee


I didn't get out much today.  But on my way to work I did stop at Starby's for the Latte.  And on the walk from the curb to the coffee I noticed many beautiful leaves plastered like paintings to the wet sidewalk. At a second grade writer's workshop, kids crowded around to talk about my coffee.  All the second graders claim that they love coffee.  I explained that they couldn't possibly love it as much as I do.  Case in point, I told them:  "While I'm drinking my first cup, I'm dreaming about how much I'm going to love my second cup."  They seemed to agree that I was the winner in the coffee department.  At car duty I took a picture of a tree across the street with my smart phone.  I talked to a little kid who got a skeleton from the prize box today and he was out of his mind with delight.  So fall, so good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love 2nd cups too sweet sis! We love you TOO B&B
KC said…
You are completely bad ass!!
Anonymous said…
Oh yes you are! Really moving slowly this morning. Snail-like.
jw
Edna Walker said…
Bet I love coffee more, Ms Heffernan! Been looking for your blog... Miss you much. ...Edna
mm said…
"So fall, so good"... dang, I wish I would have thought of that!
LH said…
Sister Beth, I wrote you an email about comign to visit. Did you get it???

Thanks, KC and JW. U2 are badass.

EDNA!!!! I've missed you 2. Yes, I will concede the coffee love to you! I remember all the coffee you used to drink when we were teaching!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

MM, I'm v. happy with the phrase. I love the idea of ending every fall blog with it. Just for the fun of it!

Our Pres is debating Mitt. So far, not too thrilling. Let's get riled up, guys.

Popular Posts