Fall 2012 #16: The "Break"

Not complaining, but the school system has given us this day off and they have named this day, "Fall Break."  As a pal's kid said this week, "They should just call it Fall Day."  Want to repeat:  I'm not complaining, but still.... Let's work on accurate nomenclature.

It's Friday morning and I'm sipping coffee and blogging.  Soon I'll head over to Mitzi's for some NCTE gnashing of teeth.  But we will go out to lunch and probably sit outside.  And last night was kind of like a Friday night, so Husbandman and I headed to Scenic View and looked at the scenic view while we ate dinner and drank some wine.  Then we watched Biden's smackdown of Ryan.  So, it's all fall, it's all good.

Comments

mm said…
I wish I was going to NCTE this year :(

We always get two days at the end of next week for MEA (Minnesota Education Association). I don't think anyone really attends, but it's a great two days.
jdoc said…
I love these fall photos. The leaves have turned here. It's brown now.
KC said…
I was full of glee during the debate.

I used to get those two days mm references, but now I work for an independent school which means I do conferences on one of the days. So, I get Fall Day, too. Oh well.

NCTE gnashing - I'm on for that this weekend. Seriously.

Popular Posts