Fall 2012 #12: The Chill



Today was chilly.  Chilly Davis, as I like to call it.

I've been having some brain problems lately.  Forgetting which week we're in.  Sending emails out to the entire district, accidentally.

When i called my doctor to find out if I'm in menopause or not, the nurse told me I was in "menopausal levels" and that I should call my doctor tomorrow.  So when I got home tonight there was this weird message from my doctor saying that he wanted to talk to me and that I should call sometime soon.  His last words were, "You'll be okay."  WTH???????  Now I have to think all night long about how I probably will not be okay.  Whatever, doctor.  But next time, think it through. Anyway, I think I might be able to blame my frequent memory lapses on menopause.  We may never know.

The brain issues could also be related to work.  We're all so frazzled at artful school, trying to figure out how to get so much stuff done when there's always more piling up.  I have to say though there's always someone popping in to have a chat, kids hugging me as I breeze by in the hallway, people expressing thanks for even the smallest gestures of help. Lots of resilience.  Lots of kindness.  I wouldn't be anywhere else. I just hope my brain lapses fade as I gracefully age.  So fall, so good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Memory loss goes along with aging. Becuase we still have a lot to do at our age, we notice it more than we will later in life when we have less to do. Also, losing a loved one causes all kinds of brain jumble!
mm said…
Twin Bings are cherry filled goodness with chocolate with a chopped peanuts on the outside. Good stuff!

As far as memory loss, I think it probably has more to do with NCTE presentations and other activities.
KC said…
I agree. You'll be okay.
Anonymous said…
The doctor said what??!!
jw
LH said…
I know. Then I got another voice mail from a nurse saying that the doctor had to talk to me.

Of course I was freaking out, BUT I talked to him at last yesterday around 10pm and he said I'm in menopause, but it's hard to tell. I might still have one or two eggs. Is that odd or what?

But I'm going to call him in 2 months if I'm doing a lot of "flashing and flushing." Where do they get these odd expressions?
Anonymous said…
I'm not a big fan of flashing and flushing. It causes lack of sleep which doesn't help the brain lapses. Those brain lapses are also a sign of someone with lots on her mind.
I'm not a fan of Twim Bings, but hubby sure loves them!

Popular Posts