Fall 2012 #35: The Freedom

I've been doing a lot of testing of late, so I decided to break free today and visit classrooms.  I visited just about everyone today.  Read with some peeps, wrote with some others, sat and chatted with a few others, sang and hummed in the lunchroom, many tunes composed by yours truly. One luncher told me, "I like when you sing songs in here."  And then another one said, "I like when you dance." So I hummed and twirled around to my rendition of Neil Young's Version of Old Susanna. It was kind of neat to feel in your own little world in the lunchroom.

  At the end of the day I wandered into a kinder room and sat at a table to chat with some kids while the teacher passed out snack.  A little Cuteness to my right pointed to a kid across the table and said, "He ran into a door today and hurt his head."
The kid pointed to an obvious scrape on the side of his head, in corroboration.
Little Cuteness continued, "And I felt sad when he got hurt."
I nodded, in sympathy for them both.
Little Cuteness stared at my ear and said, "Why do you have an earring up at the top of your ear, Dr. H.?"
"Well, I was visiting my pal in New York a while back and we decided to go get earrings at the top of our ears.  What do you think?"
"It's beautiful," she told me solemnly.
Clearly, I should hang out with this kid as often as possible.  She's hip, with it, loving and kind, and knows how to spread cheer.  Too bad I can't invite her home to raise her as my own. We've got plenty of space.  And 20 Something's Barbies are all saved in the attic.  I'm sure this gal's mom's not willing to give her up.  She's a keeper, one of a kind.  Basking in the glow of fall.


Comments

mm said…
Sweet!
Bill said…
Hey, I remember that front entry. Great trip to Chicago!! I just made it back tonight.
LH said…
Guillermo, It was a fantabulous trip.

Loved every minute.

Popular Posts