Fall 2012 #3: The Oatmeal


Mandie Guinn made pumpkin oatmeal and brought said oatmeal to school in a crock pot, and had it there waiting for anyone to come along to enjoy it.  I was the first person there, eating this most delicious breakfast.  Thank you MANDIE GUINN!

Then I wandered with my pumpkin oatmeal into the Title I room to chat with two fantabulous peeps in there about a kid who needs some reading help. As we chatted, one wonderful teacher asked how I was doing and I told her that I was feeling pretty sad, but hanging in.
She answered, Well, a friend's death tells us that we need to spread the roses any way we can.
Then the second cool teacher added:  And it also tells us to spend all the god damned money.

Clearly, a great start to a rainy foggy Monday. Pumpkin oatmeal.  Funny, smart teacher pals.

We wrapped this Monday up with a visit to the Musical Arts Center to hear #1 son play in a jazz combo.  He played splendidly.  So fall, so good.

75 will be a lot of posts for one season, but if we follow Pronto's advice and go for quantity over quality, we should do just fine.

Comments

KC said…
I am very thankful that you're surrounded by caring, hilarious friends.

Spend all the money. I love that.

75 posts is a heck of a lot. I guess I need to just commit.
Aw, I made your bloggity blog!
Anonymous said…
I'm a friend of MM, been reading her blog for years, and have been a wannebe blogger myself for that long or more. I start, stop, delete, start over again, and that's where I am now. I told her today that I needed a plan and she invited me to join your challenge. Here's to a new start!
MC
LH said…
Mandie, I am still thinking about the pumpkin oatmeal. In this fall challenge, I'm very in tune with all things fall. Thank you thank you!!!!

MC, Welcome to the fall challenge. Send your link along. Always happy to read a new blog.

Autumnal greetings, all.
MC said…
http://whitebirchroad.blogspot.com/
LH said…
KC: We do have a great crew at Artful School.

MC: Cool blog!

Popular Posts