Fall 2012 #22: The Shocker


The fourthies went on a field trip this afternoon to see the Thomas Hart Benton murals on campus.  That's the backdrop for this little story about the shocker.  As I was corralling the lunchers in the cafeteria, I heard a hubbub at table 8.  You need to know that table 8 is near a large window looking out on to our beautiful town.  2 little firsties called me over to rat out a firstie who was shaking his fist at an older woman walking down the street. I gave the evil eye to the firstie and told him to knock off the funny stuff.  5 minutes or so later, a grandmother appeared in the cafeteria.  I know this grandmother and I'm going to tell you she is one of the greats.  She told me she was there to accompany her grandson on the field trip, but she wanted me to know one of our firsties had been  shaking his fist at her as she walked down the street.  I said, "Oh man this is going to be great.  Let's go bust him."  As we walked over to the table, the firstie's mouth opened wide in horror.  I beckoned him over sweetly.  I let him off pretty easy.  He apologized and promised never to do it again.  I told him he couldn't be in a window seat for awhile and he agreed that this was a fair consequence.  Then he went back to Table 8. The grandmother and I chortled heartily. Just then her grandson appeared to get his grandmother for the trip.  I demanded that he teach me 3 facts about the murals upon his return.  I saw him later and he did tell me 2 facts, but for the life of me I can't remember either of them.  The day is such a whirlwind, and as I've told you in the past, I'm having brain issues.

Comments

This made me laugh! I think JW, MP, and I will be on a "need to know" basis for things like this cafeteria incident ;P Give me some initials!?
MP said…
Oh, yes! I do want to know who our little table 8 friend is! I have friends that sit by the window! :0 I didn't know that you numbered the tables like the head waitress, but you might have just done that for blogging purposes. Anyway, great story! Can't wait to hear your next Fall Tale!

MP

Popular Posts