Fall 2012 #21: The Zoo Boo

It's the time of year when people take their kids to Zoo Boo.  So here it is: my official apology to my 2 cool kiddos regarding Zoo Boo.
20 Something and #1, I sincerely apologize that I never brought you to Zoo Boo. I should have done it. Just didn't get around to it.

If it makes you feel any better, Zoo Boo has some issues. Case in point. Talked with a little 2nder yesterday as we waited for a parent to come pick her up.  She went to Zoo Boo last week and LOVED IT! I asked if she got much candy at Zoo Boo.  She said, "No, at the end of the train ride, they gave out bracelets to girls and fangs to boys.  I really really wanted fangs so much, but ... I was afraid to ask."
      "Yikes," I told her. "I wish they could let people just pick what they want."
     "That's what I wondered...why they won't just let you pick?"  Her little face just killed me.

       Why won't they just let you pick?  Story of OUR LIVES, KID!

       So, come to think of it, maybe I'm glad I didn't take you to oppressive narrative Zoo Boo, 20 Something and #1.  Think it through, Zoo Boo.  Way to ruin a great fall memory for little kids across this state of ours. You can do better.

Comments

mm said…
Ohhhh... I think I would have wanted fangs too.
Anonymous said…
I never took my kids to zoo boo either. Give the kids what they want, I say. I have tons of candy ready for the trick-or-treaters. I love to give really big handfuls to the kids. I usually get bored after an hour of treaters, and then I usually pick one last group of treaters to dump the whole bowl into their bags. I love their expressions when I do that!
N
jdoc said…
Sam would have wanted the bracelet. Boo, Zoo Boo! Boo!
Unknown said…
Mac would DEFINITELY want a bracelet. Have you met Mac? He also wants a tutu and some barbies.

But, still Zoo Boo might be fun. We are going to some kind of fall harvest fun this weekend. But still, you provided tons of fun for #1.
Gina Marie said…
Man. I'm all bummed out for that little girl now. I want to call up Zoo Boo and tell them to pull it together.

Popular Posts