Fall 2012 #34: The Sporks


There's one crew in the cafeteria who make 25 minutes feel like 250.  Today I had  about 3 minutes left with this very crew when a bunch of them started flinging sporks around. A few kiddos figured out how to rig up a spork catapult of sorts with the sporks and the containers that the salad dressing comes in.  I patiently asked for the sporks to remain still.  Sadly I was ignored.  The spork catapulters tried to be sneaky, but they were epic fails at subterfuge, I'm happy to report. They looked to the left and right as they started placing the sporks into the catapult position, somehow not noticing me staring straight at them from a few tables away. I started moving toward them as they were just about to let the sporks rip.  Busted.  There's no arguing about it.  They were caught spork handed in broad daylight. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it yet.  Stay tuned, my fine fall friends.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How are you liking the winds of Sandy?
N
LH said…
Sandy's freaking me out.
mm said…
At one point we gave up sporks for real forks. Students tend to take them more seriously.
jdoc said…
Oh, the lunch room memories! Do you get hazard pay?

Popular Posts