Fall 2012 #15: The Pigs

I talked to some gals who know about pigs today.  They grew up on farms and they do love pigs. They said they were clean and smart.  I said, "Someone told me recently that they can be aggressive."
     "Oh yeah, in a herd.  Sure."
       Then I said, "Someone told me once that their aunt had pigs and she cut her leg in their pen once and they got the taste of blood and were extremely aggressive after that.
       "Oh sure.  They have to be slaughtered right away if they get the taste of blood.  They'll kill you.  You gotta kill them before they kill you, basically."

       See this is the stuff that doesn't really get publicized about pigs.  And I'm feeling it's my civic responsibility to pass it on to both of you blog readers here.  It's fall, and you may be thinking a petting zoo would be charming.  But now you'll know.  The pigs can and will turn on you. Make no mistake about that. So fall, so good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you!!!! I never knew.
N
KC said…
I have heard this about pigs. My friend Tracy (you know her) told me that "THEY WILL ATTACK" once when one was loose at the State Fair.
Uh-oh. We're going to a petting zoo tomorrow at Apple Acres. We'll be careful, promise.
mm said…
I'm not super excited about the pig information, but I did like the Slate article link.

Popular Posts