The Kevin

Yesterday I shared a ton of research that shows that retention has either a negative or a null effect on kid achievement.  I was part of a cool community forum about that dumb IRead test. There were some moms, some teachers, and a great state representative speaking out loud and proud. Lots of cool comments from the peeps in attendance. Everyone should repeat this daily:  Stay sane.  Don't retain. Walk with a cane.

And here's another thing to blog about.  Saw a movie called We Have to Talk about Kevin, or some such title.  It was kind of a horror movie about raising a psychopath. Disturbing, depressing.  But go ahead, go see it if you feel like it.  Tilda Swinton was v. good as the mom trying to cope.  What I took away from this film is this:  If you happen to have a child who seems somewhat aggressive and perhaps out of his mind, don't keep giving him more and more sophisticated weaponry as Christmas gifts.  To my mind, this would implicate you as part of the problem.


Comments

LH said…
I'm at work. But I'm not working. I've got to kick it into gear soon. I've got to follow thru with the plan.
LH said…
Still haven't done any work to speak of. Not sure how to proceed from this point.
LH said…
What a nightmare. I can not get anything done.
LH said…
I'm kind of going crazy at school. So slow going. I should give up soon.
I'm not super efficient right now.

Popular Posts