Colorado Rockies

Colorado Rockies.  Don't know much about them, but my sister lives in Colorado now, so it's probably a team to keep an eye on.  Their poor shortstop Tulowitzki got drilled in the elbow by Cleveland Indian Jimenez.  Jimenez used to be on the Rockies, but he was traded.  He's bitter so he took it out on Tulowitzki.  Not okay, Jimenez. Don't hit others.  Role Models, that's what we're aiming for here with you professional athletes.
Last week, I saw a kinder punch another kinder super hard on the back and the hurt kinder was crying.  I took the puncher over to a table for a chat.  "Did you make a mistake?" I asked him, thinking that it was a gentle way to start the conversation going.
"No, I wanted to hit him."
"Were you angry?"
"Yes, he took my car."
"So you were angry and you hit him. It wasn't an accident. What could you have done instead of hitting him really hard on the back like that?"
"Just ask for the car back."
"Right. So let's go talk to him.  Do you want to say sorry?"
He did.  He walked right over to the car area and basically crumpled into his friend's arms, hugging him for dear life and saying, "I'm really sorry I hurt you."
Why can't professional ball players do this?  The pitcher could run to the batter and rock him in his arms for awhile while the managers run over with ice packs.  That's the stuff I'd kind of like to see.

Comments

Bethn8r said…
Love this!! I'm just picturing it now, all of the announcers talking about how good a hug it is, if the hugger really means it or if he could have tried a little harder.
mm said…
We need a little more of this everywhere.
LH said…
Hey Pals, I'm helping a teacher start a new blog. And I'm showing her about commenting. Yay.
Anonymous said…
I loved all of your last few blogs! I still hope you are saving them - for later publication.

D/
KC said…
I LOLed at this. Little kids seem to be awesome.

Popular Posts