The New York Mets

Not sure I'm going to finish the challenge because I still have some dumb teams left:  Pirates, Phillies, Padres.  The P's.

But who cares, I've done my best and I'm forgetting the rest.  I've saved the last for best.  THE NEW YORK METS.  When Husbandman and I lived in Brooklyn, we went to or listened to every single game.  And I was so connected with the players.  The Mets are not as great as they once were, but they're pretty good.  Husbandman thinks they won't have a good year, but I think there's potential there.  The Mets may bring all of us to Pleasure Town, we're not really sure.   Let the games begin.

Comments

dw said…
Thanks for doing the challenge, LH! This was a tough one. And the Ps are hard. Better to just leave them out, I think.
Bill-in-law said…
I thought you would mention Mookie Blaylock and Keith Hernandez from your glory years in NY.
Also, I have always admired Peter's "I am a Coffee Achiever" T-shirt that he received at a Mets game.

Popular Posts