The Changes

I've decided not to be a literacy partner next year. Literacy Partner's been fun, but I'm heading back into the classroom.  Word has it that I might be teaching 2nd grade.  I taught second grade for one year in 1985, so it's been awhile, but I think it will be a good gig.

Here's another big change.  I've decided I want to get a smartphone.  Headed over to the phone shop yesterday and come to find out, if I wait til May 18, I can get a free upgrade.  By waiting, I'll save about 450$, so I guess it's reasonable to wait.  But I did cry a little, because once I wanted that iPhone, man did I want it.  Today I've decided to put babyish things aside and cheer up.  I'm working on attitude, perspective, and the whole living one day at a time thing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
2nd grade is my fave, you know. They love to sing, their reading takes off, and it is v.fun at times. Maybe I will stay in2nd grade next year???
N
LH said…
That's what I was actually hoping. Then I could copy all your lesson plans every day. And our classes could skype.
mm said…
I'm sure you'll be fantastic. The 2nd graders will be super blessed. I will admit that I'm a bit sad because I wanted to come spend a day with you as literacy leader and follow you around. Will you at least be at the same school?
KC said…
I can imagine you having all kinds of fun with 2nd grade, as Sheffy is a 2nd grader this year. They are a crazy, excited bunch. You will probably like it! I'm happy for you.

I also think you can get another present for yourself since you have to wait a month for the iphone. Shoes? I feel like you get to spend about a hundred bucks.
LH said…
I was kind of thinking I need an interim gift. Good idea on the shoes.
StreibProjects said…
Can we do some fun things together next year please?
jdoc said…
I'm excited to hear about your 2nd grade adventures. Those kiddos will be so lucky. Get the shoes for sure.
jdoc said…
I'm excited to hear about your 2nd grade adventures. Those kiddos will be so lucky. Get the shoes for sure.
Anonymous said…
2nd grade was my favorite. You'll LOVE them. And they will LOVE you.

D/
Goodwoman said…
You can come play with my smartphone until you get yours!

Popular Posts