The Cheer

Today I taught about Issa, the great haiku poet to K's, 1's and 2's.  Issa wrote over 20,000 haiku in his life.  One night, at a party, he wrote over 100 haiku.  I would love to have a haiku party some time. I'm convinced haiku are the best texts in history because I've been writing them with little kids of all ages this whole week, and there's so much sweetness that comes out in them. I wrote one about #1 son today that the firsties really clapped for.  And they liked the tiger haiku and the lady bug haiku too.  I clapped for them too.  They wrote some classics.  Here's one I just came up with tonight.  Leave your own in comments if you want.  I'm declaring this:  haiku weekend

Fight, Bravo Housewives
On your tv reunion
Why do I like you?

Comments

LH said…
First you're reading
Then two musicians show up
Interrupting jazz
mm said…
I have tried to think
of a great Haiku for you
I only have this
LH said…
Love it mm.

Eating some crispix
Bananas in there as Well
When will I get dressed?
LH said…
I may slog awhile
Push thru my current torpor
Check out the tulips
Anonymous said…
Lazy Saturday
Farmer's Market, Library
Pizza for dinner?

N
LH said…
Love it nance.
slog report haiku:

No tulips, long gone
rises and azaleas
three friendly deer
LH said…
that should be irises and azaleas in that second line
jdoc said…
Raining in St. Paul
Seems like good napping weather
Sam does not agree
LH said…
Sam definitely has better things to do than to take a dumb nap. Great haiku, jdoc!


just back from spring mill
pioneer villages creep
me out just a teeny
LH said…
We saw a movie
salmon fishing in yemen
go ahead see it
mm said…
I would rather read
Than sit and fret about school
You made the right choice
LH said…
Thx MM. I'm now obsessed with Magician's Assistant. Have you read it?

New York Times puzzle
wrestled down within an hour
Moving into gear soon
LH said…
I'm at my job now
Crazy talk anxiety
way too much to do
mm said…
No... I love Anne Patchett... downloading now.
StreibProjects said…
It's softball Sunday
Can't wait for my game to start
I hope we win big
henry said…
sunday is a blast
my best friend titus is here
we will play xbox
Anonymous said…
Hike at Lake Griffy
Honking geese and wildflowers
Thinking quiet thoughts.

N
LH said…
Saw Chico and Rita
An animated movie
See it if you want
LH said…
Nance, he ry and streibie, great haiku, btw.
KC said…
Nineteen and Counting
Horror! Horror! Mouth agape!
Two's enough for me.
mm said…
http://www.npr.org/2012/04/23/151210972/hip-hop-author-freestyles-in-haiku?ft=1&f=1008


I saw this news piece
couldn't help but think of you
have fun and haiku

Popular Posts