The


#1 Son is 18 today.  We had to jam in our festivities between his bass lesson and his Battle of the Bands gig at Jake's, but we managed somehow.  He constantly brings joy and laughter into our lives, so we wanted to make his day a fun one.  And another thing....not only did he get into Jacobs School, he found out this week that he earned a scholarship.  Yes, the kid is a marvel.  I hope his busy birthday has also been some fun.  Because #1 deserves fun and frolicking on this day and all thru his 18th year.

And here's another little school story to go with the celebration.  Little Red Head's teacher also had a birthday today.  She is now 30.  I went to her birthday party with the kinders and we went out to the playground and she gave all of us bubbles.  It was a blast.  Yesterday we did an awesome writer's workshop together.  The kinders were writing about giants after I read a book to them called Fie Fi Fo Fum.  Little Red Head wrote THE on the cover of his book.  When we asked him his book title he said, "The title is THE."
We asked, "The what, Little Red Head?"
"It is a book called THE.  THE is the title of this book,"  he told us.  I think it's a good title and surprisingly surprising.

So Happy Birthday to #1 Son and Coolio Kinder Teacher.  You're both very wonderful.  Must be something about this magical day of April 4th.

Comments

mm said…
I want to meet Little Red Head... I certainly have a picture in my mind.
Anonymous said…
I would love to read "The" once it is finished. I love your stories about him! :)

Sarah M.
dw said…
Happy Birthday, #1son! And congrats on the scholarship!
StreibProjects said…
Wow! I know 5 people that celebrated their birthday today. Sounds like Quinn is going to have a great year!
KC said…
CONGRATS to #1. This is awesome news. And, congrats to the kinder teacher who does her best with those awesome kiddos.
jdoc said…
Way to go #1! We are all so proud.
Anonymous said…
Jacobs news is awesome. Yay!
Julie Anna said…
Happy 18th birthday to the Q! Husband said he heard him at the market and was awed. I missed the first outdoor market due to driving 13 hours round trip in one day, alone, to attend a dear friend's 70th birthday party. Oy. I still don't think I have recovered.

Popular Posts