The Dominos

Remember how about six weeks ago I wrote about doing a little 15 second tv Q and A about testing?  Well come to find out, someone saw me on that and asked me to speak at a community forum.  Then a radio guy saw me at that and now he's coming over here to interview me for a radio spot today.  He's coming in about 5 minutes and I'm pretty nervous because sometimes I get tongue tied with on the spot questions.  I'm much better when I can plan stuff out. Anyway, the point is, there's a real domino effect to speaking out against injustice.  And that can be kind of nerve wracking.  I'm going to try to re-assemble our old whole language group next year, so that we can share these jobs.  It's more powerful when there's a variety of voices.  I think the media's waking up and wanting to investigate some of these unfair educational mandates.
Do you like morel mushrooms?  I think they're super beautiful.  And tasty.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go Dr. H! I think you speak eloquently. Let me know when the radio spot will air-- it's not live is it?
-MG
LH said…
No, it's not live. The guy just left. I really flubbed my way through that. I told him at the end that I'm pretty good with prepared remarks, but not so great with q and a and he said, "No, you did pretty well." Obviously that means I sucked. Oh well. Whatever.

Thanks for coming by MG!
mm said…
I'm sure you did fantastic. Send me a script. Testing sucks!
LH said…
The more I think about it, the less confident I feel about the interview. But it's all in the past, and I have to move on. Still, I'm irked.
jdoc said…
You did your best. Forget the rest! Hooray for dominoes against injustice!
LH said…
Excellent advice, as usual. Thx jdoc...l
StreibProjects said…
I told you that you would be famous some day!!
KC said…
I'm v proud of you. I often think about how awesome you are. Can you send us some links for this media coverage?
Anonymous said…
Thanks for taking the time to do this. You the woman!
jw

Popular Posts