The Cut

The new haircut is giving me some pleasure.  There's nothing like shaving all your hair off to make you feel pumped up for a new adventure.  Everyone's going to think I'm a total flake, but that's okay.  Now I've decided to continue being the literacy partner at Artful School, and I'm not going to be a second grade teacher.  This past week has been a whirlwind of emotional pondering, and I'm recommitting to the literacy partner gig.  My boss is happy to have me back in the game and I'm happy to have another go, mixing it up with over 300 kiddos and 40 grown peeps.  The new haircut is to celebrate a new beginning. And my new iPhone that will come on May 19 is to keep past stuff in the past.  Huzzzah!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What???!!
The hair cut rocks, but I must hear it for real about the partner gig.
Not sure I like that, considering I was relishing in the 2nd grade deal. As long as you will listen to me vent about the craziness of the classroom, I am on board with you. You really are pretty fab my friend, no matter what you are doing,
N
Anonymous said…
I agree with N...so glad to have you back with the literacy partners so I have someone to make faces at during the meetings :) Love your hair!

KS
mm said…
IMHO- You may reach more kiddos as the Literacy Partner. Although I think you probably rock at whatever you do!
Officemate said…
Love the hair!!!!
Now, how do we get N to come over to teach with us????? Let's get on that!
KC said…
This is a kick-ass cut. And, as I know you are an amazing literacy partner, I'm happy for all the kids and teachers at Artful School. Happy for you, too, of course!!
LH said…
I do feel a bit flaky about this because usually when I make a decision, I don't change it. It takes me forever to make the decision, but once I do, I usually stick with it. But I just decided being a literacy partner is actually where my passion lies right now. School wide actions interest me. When a whole school works on something, it's pretty neat.

I just slogged for 25 minutes, btw. And the irises are really blooming beautifully right now.
Anonymous said…
I'm the flake when it comes to decision-making. Still undecided here. The View is lucky to have you in this position. You're the best for the job!!
-MG
Goodwoman said…
So this information is not a secret anymore? I'm glad that you're going to stay as the literacy partner. If you'd gone to a classroom I might not get to work with you as closely!
LH said…
Thanks, MG. Love working with you. I get how hard the decision is.

Goodwoman, I told a few peeps on Friday and made it official. Now I've published it on the blog. I'm glad too.

Popular Posts