June 2: The Independent Film Review

I lost out on blogging my delights yesterday because my computer has MALWARE on it and it's in the shop.  RATS! 

Other than the computer situation and a recent waste of time at the movies, summer vacation continues to be delightful.  Case in point, I recently saw a red headed woodpecker, which is one of my all time favorite birds.

As I mentioned previously, I wasted time at the movies.  We saw a film called Suburban Birds with good friends Nancer and Kev.  It was not good.  Husbandman and I will now review this hideous film.

Leeway:  Husbandman, please describe the plot of Suburban Birds.
Husbandman:  Two generations of characters meander through a suburban setting of construction sites and high rises for no apparent purpose except to torture the audience.
LW:  I agree that the film was pure torture.  Plus I got a cramp in my leg that was getting on my last nerve.  I found the ending extremely confusing.
Husbandman:  Yeah.  The whole movie was confusing.  Nothing led anywhere.  It was about 50 very slow vignettes that didn't connect with each other.
LW:  Was there anything you liked about it?
Husbandman:  I thought some of the child actors were pretty good.
LW:  I agree with that, but I'm still wondering what happened to Fatty?
Husbandman:  Well, yeah.  We all are. We all worry about Fatty.
LW:  Fist of 5?
Husbandman:  I'll give it a one.
LW:  I'll give it a zero.  There was nothing delightful about it and plus my leg was hurting almost the entire time. Even if you feel like seeing it, I advise against it.


Comments

mm said…
I love that you are honest enough to give it a zero!!!
KC said…
Nothing makes me laugh quite like one of your movie reviews. Bravo.

Popular Posts