The Murals I Painted



Walked to Kensington Market yesterday, with John and Patricia.  There are many cool murals painted everywhere. I was inspired, so in the afternoon I picked up a few cans of spraypaint and created some street art in the back of our apartment on the wooden fence near where we park our car.  I painted a huge owl, flying over a  table with a bowl of green grapes and a cup of tea.  Our landlady came out to see what I was doing and she was delighted.  She wants me to make another mural on the back wall of the book store before we leave.  Not sure what I'm going to make yet, but I've started on some sketches.

You're probably wondering if I actually painted any murals yesterday. In actual fact, I didn't.  Come to find out, I wasn't feeling so well yesterday, so I decided to stay home, lay on the couch, and watch a movie. Husbandman, John and Patricia drove out to some bluffs near Lake Ontario.

Even though I missed out on the mural painting and the lake trip, my afternoon felt like summer vacation where you don't feel sad about missed opportunities.  Tomorrow's another whole day for noodling about.

The movie was Ben Is Back, about a drug addict and his mom, Julia Roberts. Pretty good. You should see it if you want to.


Comments

mm said…
Although I was quite certain you hadn't painted the mural, I kind of wish you at least bought the cans of spray paint.

Popular Posts