The Falls




Niagara Falls gets a solid 5 on the Fist to 5 scale.  We didn't go in the Maid of the Mist boat, but we did walk along the Canadian side, taking pictures, drinking coffee and reveling in the glory and grandeur of the falls.  We wondered why there's a statue of Nikola Tesla nearby.  We should have known all along that Tesla's ideas about alternating current were used to power up electricity on both sides of the falls.

After our visit to the falls we went to a pleasant little town, Niagara on the Lake. We had lunch outside. Cheese, wine.  The works.


Comments

kc said…
I would like to see Niagra Falls. I haven't yet done it.
mm said…
I have a picture of my brother and I in front of the falls, but I don't remember it... should go again.
LH said…
I'm really glad we went. I may even go again at some point during this trip.
Julie said…
We went to Niagra Falls once when I was a kid. We were headed to NYC, my brother and me and my grandma all in the back seat of a small car. My mom and chain-smoking dad in front. My mom looked at a map and decided that Niagra Falls wasn't all that far from NYC and so it wasn't much out of our way. It was only this little distance on the map. The map was probably a world atlas where 1/2 inch = a million miles, because it is pretty far, especially given our travel circumstances. But we did get there, and it was very awesome to see. I hope I can get back some day.

Popular Posts