The Sharpener

I brought myself out for a little field trip to the art supply store yesterday.  That's where I spied these little pieces of paper and teeny envelopes labeled ARTIST TRADING CARDS.  The package said, JOIN THE MOVEMENT!  Come to find out, artists are creating and collecting original art with these little cards. Damn it, I'm in, I muttered to myself as I grabbed the cards and envelopes.  Here's my first small collage.  I'll probably make a few more this summer.

I also bought a pencil sharpener for ten dollars.  It's made of brass.  It hails from Germany.  Got it home, and I began sharpening my dull colored pencils right at the get go.  Friends, this sharpener is aMAZing!  Hands down, it's the best sharpener I've used in my entire life. After sharpening a plethora of pencils, just for the pure pleasure of the sharpening act,  I went to grab the package out of the recycling so I could remember the brand name for the rest of my life.   Come to find out, that's when I noticed a warning notice that this miracle sharpener contains some lead and that users should wash hands frequently if  doing quite a bit of pencil sharpening.  Isn't that always the way?  The best  sharpener in the world also gives you cancer?  I don't have time to get bummed out about that.  We have to take the good with the bad.

Speaking of June, anyone ready for another blog challenge???  30 days of blogging about the days of delightfulness?  What say you????

Comments

mm said…
I'm in, and I'm delighted.
Anonymous said…
Do you know my address? Send one over, Rover.
jw

Popular Posts