The Bridge


I played bridge today at the Toronto Bridge Club.

I was nervous, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. All the north-south partnership people were pleasant,  encouraging me to "Just have fun," and welcoming me to the world of bridge with typically terrific  Torontonian temperament.

My only snag came when I joined Bunny's table.  When my partner Patricia bid 2 clubs, I went on to bid a pass.  Bunny said, "Do you know what that means? You can't pass."

I said, "I do know what it means, but I didn't know that I couldn't pass."  I looked at my cards and tried to figure out what to do.

Bunny intervened.  "2 diamonds waiting.  2 diamonds waiting.  It's the only thing you can do."
I had no idea what "2 diamonds waiting" meant, but I picked up the 2 diamond card from my bidding box and put it on the table.  Luckily, my partner took it from there and I think "we" might have won that round.  I'm not hip to what you do to win or lose a round yet, but the bottom line is, we did okay. I will continue to play bridge in the future.  Everyone can rest easy.

Comments

kc said…
Bridge seems rather high pressure!!
mm said…
I love this street and the picture! Bridge, on the other hand, seems too complicated.
Julie said…
Way to keep your cool. I'm not sure bridge is for me. I struggled to understand all the rules in Exploding Kittens.
Judy said…
Run away from Bunny as fast as you can.
jw

Popular Posts