The Pens


As you know, I'm reading Ross Gay's The Book of Delights.  One of his essays tells about how much he loves nicknames, so now I refer to him as The RossMan when I'm writing in my journal.

He also likes Le Pen pens.  I'm a copycatter, so I went to my local art supply store which is, delightfully, a mere 2 blocks from my apartment and picked out two Le Pens, blue and green, for purchase.

As I selected my pens, I lingered to listen to two women choosing colored pencils. They would write marks with two pencils, talk at length about each mark, and then decide which pencil they wanted.  Then they would pick up two more and repeat the whole process. It's so great to have time to fool around with folderol.

I'm not a massive fan of the Le Pen yet, but I think I'll buy a few more before I make a final decision.  They come in a lot of great colors and they might grow on me and I also like copying The Rossman.

I bought some stickers of woodland animals as well. I ripped two of the stickers when I was opening the package this morning, the rabbit and the oak leaf.  So that was a drag, but what are you going to do?  Next time I buy stickers, which will probably be soon, I'll be more mindful when opening the package.  That's about all I can do to remedy the situation. Live and learn.

Comments

kc said…
I'm a big Le Pen fan. You might come around. The colors are so great and the size is kind of fun. For some reason, I'm always attracted to the grey.
Judy said…
As usual, I'm a lagger. I've never heard of these pens but now I'll keep my eyes open for them. Thanks!
judy
mm said…
I had to google Le Pen to figure out this post. It seems they have delightful colors, so I"m sure you'll find the perfect pen and color. If not, it's all fun.
Julie said…
I am so happy that you have an art supply store two blocks from you! They are such fun places and can spur creativity. I'm also a pen fanatic. My current favorites are this set from TUL from a office supply place or here at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/TUL-Retractable-Bullet-Assorted-Standard/dp/B01NBW93N6/ref=sr_1_3?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxbCcxdGC4wIVFMRkCh1d5QtrEAAYAiAAEgJ3o_D_BwE&hvadid=178476807044&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9016568&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=6735746104178680996&hvtargid=kwd-3535956405&hydadcr=27291_10167440&keywords=tul+pens&qid=1561397125&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I take them to the two hour meetings we have and doodle in many colors. But before I started doing this, I told my boss about studies showing that doodling can cause one to listen more attentively and absorb more information. I find this to be true in my case. Anyway, these pens flow along the page very nicely and are very bright colors.
LH said…
Jules, I'm going to track these down. THANKS, FRIEND!

Popular Posts