The Birthday?


I made an international phone call to my dad for Father's Day. BTW, FYI I learned from the NYT crossword puzzle that Father's Day didn't become official until 1966.

I told my dad that Husbandman and I are planning a trip to see Niagara Falls next week.

He answered, "That'll be nice.  If anyone tells you to get into a barrel, don't do it."

I asked him how he's feeling and he said, "I'm not doing well, but I can't get anyone to take my ailments seriously.  I tell your brother about my issues and he just says, 'You're 90.  What do you expect?'"

During the call, Dad said, "It's nice of you to call on my birthday."

I told him, "It's not your birthday.  It's Father's Day."

"What?  It's not my birthday?"  My dad knows it's not his birthday, but he just likes to get everyone riled up.

He's always been a character.

It's delightful to be able to wish him a Happy Father's Day.  Dad's one of the good guys.

Comments

Joy Heffernan said…
He's a knucklehead @
bluebirdwoman said…
😀😀😀
Julie said…
Your dad has always cracked me up. What a card.
kc said…
Made me laugh. Geez, Dad.

Popular Posts