From Collaboration to Compulsion

For the past few days, I've been working on revising a paper about a project in Thirdland that happened a few years ago.  Mitzker, Zawan and I are working on this paper and we really want to finish it this summer.

The first draft is written and the paper needs some serious revisions. I think it's going alright. It's nice to have this quiet place to work. Today Mitzker and I had an international conference to discuss some changes we'd each made to the first few pages.

Even though we're having problems with dropbox and zoom, we are working through these and the work chat got me pumped up to continue with revising.  It's pleasant to collaborate with pals.

On a somewhat related note, I saw rats zipping along the sidewalks up here yesterday.  One in the morning. One in the evening.  I mean come on. Two rats in one day? Our friend D, who was walking with us last night, also saw the second rat. D commented, "One of the scariest things I've ever seen is a rat fighting with a cat."

Now, sad to say, I can't seem to stop thinking about rat cat combat.  I've even watched a video or two about cats and rats fighting.  There's something compelling about the whole thing.

Comments

mm said…
Now I am, ,too visualizing the rat/cat fight.
kc said…
Clashes in nature are so fascinating. Maybe we can engineer a cat/rat fight on the streets of your temporary city.
Julie said…
Ugh, I wish I hadn't clicked on the link. Fighting-to-the-death scenes in nature always upset me.
LH said…
Sorry, Jules!!!! I kind of regretted watching it too!!!

Popular Posts