The Call

#1 Son called us this afternoon.  It's always delightful when he does that.  I told him as much, but I added, "It's not like we're pining away for your phone calls.  We have a fairly delightful life up here in B-town.  Still, it's always great to hear from you."

We are doing well today on the day that I've aptly labeled ATTACKING THE PACKING!

The only snag we're experiencing is Husbandman's desire to keep a bunch of old foodstuffs in our cabinets.  I'm trying to declutter and clear out, but Husbandman keeps insisting that he's going to use these various foodstuffs one of these days.  "We've had this box of _____________ (enter any esoteric brand name in the blank) for 3 years and you've never even opened it.  Let's just get rid of it."  Husbandman's having none of it and honestly, there's been some tension here on High Street.  I told him pointblank that any other husband would be grateful for the decluttering services I'm providing. He didn't offer much in way of response, but put some boxes back on the shelves. Perhaps he's pondering changing his attitude. Who can say?

To wrap up, let's get back to the delights of June.  The packing's going well, #1 Son's doing well, and the kitchen cabinets look pretty good.

Comments

mm said…
My post today will also be about decluttering but as a delight.
KC said…
I'm dying to know tomorrow's theme!
Julie said…
Where are you going? Are you leaving for an extended time? Will I ever see you again? I do bump into husbandman occasionally at one of the local establishments that sell those boxes of foodstuffs.
Judy said…
I declutter when my big guy is out of the house otherwise we would be on the hoarding show.
jw

Popular Posts