The Headphones

I ran into Mr. Rudest Guy on the Planet at a store this week.  He lives and works in my very own town.  This guy belongs on an SNL sketch called RUDE GUY. Here's how it went down. I was trying to buy some headphones for #1 because he turned 22 on Monday. A birthday gift of sorts. I asked Mr. RGotP a few questions about the headphones.  He kept rolling his eyes at me and answering my sincere queries with scorn and derision.  I'm the type of person who just ignores adult rudeness because really what's the point?  It's too late for these people. They're fully grown.  With the young, I address these moments 100% of the time. That's why they pay me the big bucks and my vigilance in this department has helped the people I teach, and have taught, become the truly amazing human beings they all are.  With adults, I usually just shake my head in wonder.  But Mr. Rude got so hostile that I finally said to him, "You should learn to speak more courteously to customers."  Mr. Rude actually said, "THANK YOU!" and turned and walked away from me. What in the world?

I talked to the cashier about what went down and she said, "Oh gosh, you imitate him so well.  I'm getting the manager."
I talked to the manager who seemed not all that concerned.  At that point, I wanted to move on from the whole thing.  I just said, "You know, this is your problem, not mine.  I hope you deal with it, but it's really not my concern."  And out I flounced.  With the headphones. Which may have dampened the strength of my argument.  But I don't care.  I do what I want.

Comments

KC said…
I had a very similar experience in headphone buying recently. The guy at the store didn't seem interested in educating me about headphones and acted like I should already have known the answers to all of my questions. It was weird.

In the end, I couldn't choose headphones.

What kind of headphones did you get?
Anonymous said…
For sure make this a short story and take it to Moth.
jw
lee said…
We ended up getting the Bose BlueTooth Wireless headphones.
#1 reports that they work very well.

I'm thinking of buying the Bose noise canceling headphones, and just wearing them around with no music playing.

Popular Posts