The Needlework

Nirvana
We went to hear #1 and his pal Charles play some music this week.  We sat outside and reveled in the festive mood of the place and the peeps.  Saw 2 former students and their mom. I see them around town a lot and it's always a good time.  Hugs, chat, cheer.  Come to find out another former student was joining them.  A young man I hadn't seen in lo these many years.  When he arrived we hugged at once.  He has the same sweet little kid face, but he is in fact grown.  First thing out of his mouth to me was, "I need to tell you.  I still knit and crochet.  I make scarves and sweaters for people every Xmas."  I feel pretty good about this and it got me to thinking. Maybe I'll start some crochet in the Land of Thirds.
I'm planning a lesson on designing our own classroom press.  I'm inspired by Lee and Low, so I'm hoping our press has a cool logo like they do.  The lessons I'm writing are for a rewrite of the sample chapter I sent in a bit ago.  Editor likes the first half, but the second half she's not crazy about.  My goal now is to revise the sample chapter and write the intro by the end of the month.  Not going to lie. This is going to be tough stuff, what with my new gig in the Land of Thirds. But I'm going to give it the old college try.

Comments

mm said…
Land of the Thirds.. It's going to be a great year.
Anonymous said…
Nirvana indeed.
jw

Popular Posts